[tcb] Re: Havasu

  • From: "j duncan" <whocanduncan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 14:07:56 -0600

I bought Freedom van Gogh in Vegas just over a year ago. I traveled mostly back roads home to Austin except for a stretch of I 40 between Kingman and Holbrook AZ. In reverse (from Austin):

US 71 N to San Angelo, TX.
US 87 N to Lamesa, TX.
FM 137 N to Brownfield, TX.
US 380 W to San Antonio, NM.
I 25 N to Socorro, NM (1 exit).
US 60 W to Eagar, AZ.
US 191 N to St. Johns, AZ.
US 180 N (or W?) to Holbrook, AZ.
I 40 to Kingman, AZ.
From there you would cut south to Lake Havasu.

This route is almost as straight as the crows fly. It goes through Roswell, AZ, Lincoln, AZ (Billy the Kid), Cibolo N.F. (Smokey Bear's retirement home), the Petrified N.F. and Flagstaff (a must stop, especially for you Sammie--it's a great college town in the mountains). You could also sneak a trip in to Sedona, which is just south of Flagstaff, if time permits.

I can send a copy of the AAA TripTik to anyone interested.

Find sales, coupons, and free shipping, all in one place!  MSN Shopping Sales & Deals http://shopping.msn.com/content/shp/?ctid=198,ptnrid=176,ptnrdata=200639