[tcb] Re: Good Morning!

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 07:39:59 -0700 (PDT)

Cooking thermometer.  Stop at Walmart or similar and buy a cooking thermomter
that is appropriate length to go in the dip stick hole to the oil.  Stop when
you think it's hot, remove dip stick, replace with thermometer and read the
temp.

Lonnie Bergman <bergmanfamily@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Many years ago, I built up
a '61 with a 14hp and put a temp gauge with a dip
stick sender on it. Any time I put it on the hiway, it would peg the gauge
at 300+. After 5k mi and getting tired of seeing it pegged most of the time,
I just disconnected it. 60k miles later I pulled and sold the 1200 and put
in a 1600. I did drive the crap out of that bug.