[tcb] Re: Godley Show report

 YUK          i can be trusted .    Larry moves to slow, now days
Terry

-----Original Message-----
From: shirley hall <vwbuslady@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, 15 May 2009 4:37 pm
Subject: [tcb] Re: Godley Show report

perhaps Larry will babysit Terry ; )  what do ya say, Larry? can you keep an
eye on Terry for us.......

Date: Friday, May 15, 2009, 4:30 PM

Cool trip report Shirley!
So, is Larry going to be the baby sitter at the next campout?

shi
rley hall wrote:

Well the weather was not very nice but 5 busses braved it out for the “Hitting
on all Cylinders” Show last Saturday. Terry and Larry showed up in Larry’s 79
Westy.  Danna and Scott arrived in their 62 Deluxe.  Steve and Sharon drove
there 67 Westy.  Ray and Paula caught up with us in there 66 split.  I drove my
72 bay.

We cruised about 20 minutes into Godley along a scenic route Paula and Ray
really enjoyed.

We got a few long looks as we cruised into the show ground but we quickly
welcomed by the show participants.  As I was setting out a few things, two
little girls jumped in the bus and started checking it out.  I look over at
Steve and Sharon’s bus and two little boys had jumped into their bus and were
checking it out.  They were cute to listen to and no harm in letting the
investigate VW’s.  They could catch the fever, ya never know….

After visiting with some of the other car owners, and some shopping, we all
went to the local diner to have lunch.  Terry turned out to be a real baby
magnet.  He was really great at calming 5 month old Ozzie, Scott and Dana’s
son, allowing Dana to get a chance to enjoy lunch.

We wandered back to the car show just before 2pm.  There was an announcement
that the judges were just about finished with tallying the votes.  We all
looked at each other, surprised that there wa
s voting!  None of had received ballots when we registered or even bothered to
ask.  I guess we all thought it was a show and shine kinda thing.  Well, we
were too late but it didn’t seem to matter in the end.   Dana and Scott
received third place in the top 10 People’s Choice.  Steve and Sharon took
Judge’s Choice Best of Show!  Congrats to them all.  Lots of fun.  Looking
forward to the next small town show.

Shirley