[tcb] Galveston show & Houston night show: short trip report

  • From: Katrina Martin <k.d.martin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 10:34:42 -0500

Got up at 7AM & got ready for the two shows we will attend. Dan & I met up with Paul at 9AM on 290E at McDonald's. Then we headed to the show in Galveston. We got there early enough to enter the show. It was so much fun. There was a bunch of very cool cars, pick up trucks, a red karmen ghia(Jimmy's-Bay Area Club), and a kit car w/VW motor. I also got to see some dolphins!!! That is the first time I have been to Galveston and seen dolphins, one dolphin even did a flip. I took pictures. I will share later. All of a sudden I was talking to a very nice cool chic of course it was Paul's sister-in-law. Paul told us Mary was going to be there. I had a really good time hanging out with Mary. We all decided to go eat at Joe's Crab Shack. Let me tell ya'll something,"You can't take Paul with you to eat anywhere". He tried to get just red beans & rice, well that was not going to happen. He was getting some fried fish or shrimp with it no matter what, he couldn't get just red beans and rice...No, he got fried fish and red beans and rice. Oh yes and Paul does eat shrimp, it just has to be fried. After we all got done eating we noticed they had already started the awards. Walked slowly over to the place where they did the awards. Wouldn't you know, Paul won 2nd place in his class. Jimmy also won a award, he wins a lot of awards, the guy puts all of his awards out at VW shows, he also keeps them stored in his ghia. He's a great guy...Left Galveston at 4:20PM.

Got to Eric's house at 5:45PM. A lot of VW's where at Eric's. They were all gonna cruise out to the Houston night show together. Dan & I visited for a little while, then went home to clean up a bit, and get Thor. Got to the night show and had a blast. Lots of cool people, met Chris & Jennifer they have a really sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet red & white split bus. Left the show at 10:15PM.
Ok, I am so tired it's 11:25PM and I am just tuckered...

Katrina & Dan Martin
71'bus "Homer"
http://web.mac.com/danandkatrinamartin