[tcb] GAS EVERYWHERE

  • From: Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 08:42:45 -0500

so i was driving to work this morning and i ran out of gas. luckily for me i
carry a 5 gallon jug of gas everywhere i go. i put gas in it and went to crank
it. it fired off then sputtered to a hault. my first thought is the bowl wasn't
completely full so i tried to start it again. nothing. no fire, so i go around
back to see if i have fuel in my filter. sure enough i have full in my filter,
on my filter, on the ground dripping off the carbueurator, on the stinger...you
get the idea. so i clean it off with one of my lucky rags. and ponder what the
hell could of happened...while pondering i found a kickin' screw driver on the
ground (which i later forgot). i called the emergency hot line on my wonderful
"the new at&t" cell phone. and had arranged for a tow truck driver to come get
the pos and haul it home...flash forward about 5 minutes a friend pulls in in
his toyota echo and was like what's wrong and i was like i fouled a plug and i
told him to go in and start it while i attempted to see if i was getting spark
when the the *^*^&* fired up on first bump of the starter and it shot out a 5'
trail of raw gas in the process.

now that you've gotten the story am i correct in thinking the float got stuck
open and i filled the motor to the brim with gas and it just simply wouldn't
start?

she runs great now, and when i get her back home i'll check #3 and #1 plugs to
make sure they are still clean and good.

oh, and i canceled the tow truck guy.

for those newbies out there, 69 westie, 1600 dual port, webber progressive
30-36. merged header, stinger.

Pack up or back up–use SkyDrive to transfer files or keep extra copies. Learn
how.
http://www.windowslive.com/skydrive/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_skydrive_packup_042008