[tcb] Re: From Austin to the Classic

Understood, I wouldn't drive it either.

sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Uh; we're talking about a
bone stock 40 hp panel van with a factory stated top speed of 56mph and it's
way over 300 miles to Fredricksburg.  I would have to leave Wed to get there
and take till the next Wednesday to get back.  It cruises real nice on the
highway at about 50, but no way am I driving 300+ miles averaging about 35 mph.
 It ain't like cruising a phat chick at 65-70.  Or even a later model splitty
that will cruise at 65-70 also.

Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:   Trailer????????? DRIVE IT!!!!!!!!

sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:     Plan on leaving Nac
around 5:00 am Friday arriving at Bev's house in Austin around 9:30 and leaving
soon after that for Fredricksburg.  Will be departing the vicinity of Brodie
Lane and William Cannon maybe around 10:00 or 11:00.  Cell # is 936-569-3542 if
you wanna cruise or need help on the way.  Will be trailering the bus.
  Sammie

ATX BUS <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          I will be attending my first TX V-Dub Classic next weekend.  I plan
to leave on Friday morning or early Friday afternoon and would like to cruise
with some fellow TCBers.

  If anyone is interested please let me know.  I prefer the safety of traveling
in numbers.

  One other thing--I saw a 78 super beetle vert for sale today, it looks very
clean and the owner claims 35K original miles.  I can get the phone # if anyone
is interested.  The asking price was $9K.

  TV dinner still cooling?