[tcb] Re: Friday 7:00PM at Mi Tierrra's

At least they are here and you aren't there. Spending Ramadan as a
Westerner in a Muslim country (Bahrain) sucked wind in a BAD way. Most of
us who were out and about during the day honored the religion and also
didn't eat between dawn and dusk. Those who did gave us all a bad name
though.

Bahrain is a tourist city so all the restaurants and fast food joints were
open during the day for the camera jockeys but we had to be there as
"employees of the US Government" and were expected to be more sensitive to
the culture. I think the brain dead tourists should have been as well. Once
you had an "in" by being respectful the parties and food after the sun went
down were GREAT! But the looks and foul tempers during the day made us a
bit jumpy at times.

G2