[tcb] Re: DAC Temple Report!

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 08:37:59 -0700 (PDT)

I just did a quick least-squares regression analysis and it indicates that if
you had 6 more passes at the same rate of increases you would have gone more
than 100mph.

Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx> wrote:  They let us run the 1/4 mile.
I made 3 passes.

1st pass:

Reaction 1.7267
1/8 ET 16.5035 MPH 39.86
1/4 ET 26.4115 MPH 47.41

2nd pass:

Reaction 1.1358
1/8 ET 16.2126 MPH 40.92
1/4 ET 25.9702 MPH 48.38

3rd pass:
Reaction .9716
1/8 ET 15.1016 MPH 46.26
1/4 ET 23.8660 MPH 54.73

On May 8, 2007, at 10:07 AM, sammie smith wrote:

> Darn! 14.65 in a bus for a quarter mile. Not bad at all. Course
> we all know that Temple is only 1/8th mile. But you don't have to
> tell anyone that.
>
> wuzmop@xxxxxxx wrote:
> MIke ran a 14.65. I have a few of my slips at home I'll post later.
> I got a .61 reaction time on one, which is pretty good for my first
> time on the track.

Dan Martin
1971 VW Bus
H.B.B.