[tcb] Re: Current progress on the Rivi

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 14:11:14 -0600

Thanks for the post Gerald, I saw the one on the BSKA list and was
wondering why we did not get one too.

On Feb 9, 2005, at 1:13 PM, Gerald V. Livingston II wrote:

> I took the fuel pump apart again and applied the PTFE, fuel safe,
> teflon
> tape I bought at the hardware store next to work. Pretty funny,
> hardware
> stores carry the stuff listed as fuel safe for $0.10 more than the
> regular
> and auto parts stores never heard of it.

That is very strange?

>  I need to find a good quality fuel pressure
> gauge and add another T to add it to the group of stuff my firewall is
> growing.

You wont be able to drive it with ALL the gages and stuff you are
putting in there........ Just Kidding.... It would be nice to have all
of them in Homer

> Mom made it through surgery OK. She threatened to hurt me if I came up
> there this week because she'll be in ICU or regular hospital bed and
> zombied on drugs all week. I'll run up there when I get off work this
> coming Sunday at midnight (12 hour drive) and make fun of her after
> she's
> moved to an inpatient rehab bed. Since they found the small spot of
> cancer
> she'll now have to have a PET scan every 3 months for the rest of her
> life
> and the doctor says they'll most likely find a new spot that has has
> to be
> removed every 3 to 5 years. I hope she didn't get her brain from my
> side of
> the family, there may not be that much to take out. ;-D  I asked where
> they
> were putting the hinge on her skull and she said she hoped they'd just
> use
> a removeable panel on top so she could cover it with a hat.  She's
> still
> moving to Hawaii, just pushed back the move plans about 6 weeks for
> this
> surgery.

Sorry to hear you Mom is still having medical problems, she has
obviously not lost her sense of humor and I think that is the most
important thing.

> I'm heading back to the Rivi this evening to put the other axle in,
> rewire
> the ignition WITH the "X" wire (and with terminals instead of twisting
> the
> wires), and try to track down why I still have no idiot lights. I
> suspect
> they pulled more wires than they needed to under the dash <sigh>. At
> least
> I have my poster size printout of the wiring diagram from
> vintagebus.com to
> hang on the wall and work with. Still need to find someone with a
> machine
> big enough to laminate it though.

Where did you get it printed out in large format?
I remember talking about us getting a bunch done but we never followed
thru.

Dan & Katrina Martin
1971 VW Bus
H.B.B.