[tcb] Re: Current Shape of things (Rear Brake Bleeding)

  • From: Will Wood <evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 14:15:15 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Seeing your bus ball bearings isn't bad unless the balls are out of the bearing cage.

 (I know I'm asking for another comment so I will do a first strike.)

Seeing your neighbor's while in shorts is very bad.

In the Manual it's all one logical assembly.  Bearings, spacers, drum, stub axle and nut.  While you have it apart, put some good moly grease, green grease or synthetic grease in there.  There should be a bearing cap with a seal, so make sure the seals are in good shape.  The seal rides on the spacer so sometimes the spacer gets a groove.  Make sure there's no sharp edges or rough spots on the outside of the spacer.  Use emory cloth or some 220 to clean it up if you have to.