[tcb] Re: Coverting to propane

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 14:19:14 -0800 (PST)

Propane's for cooking
  Gasoline is for washing parts
  Alcohol is for drinking
  Methanol is for racing

  Any questions???

Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
          I read an article yesterday from Mother Earth News about converting
the VW bus to propane. Since then I have talked to Dan and he says that this is
old news. I knew about conversions to propane since the first oil panic in the
70s, but I never read an article that made it sound so easy. I like that the
article says that you can switch back and forth to gas or propane.

  If I did it, I would put the tank inside under the "bed". I have been told
that you have to mount it outside. If that is a fact, then I wouldn't do it,
Ugly.

  I was told way back in the 70s that gasoline is necessary for lubrication.
True False?

  Since I am sure that many of you out there know all the pros and cons, I
would appreciate filling me in.

  Propane conversion, good? Bad?