[tcb] Re: Chasing Classic Cars

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 09:18:33 -0700 (PDT)

Will:  You missed Eureka.  There was a 1960 survivor car, 7,500 total miles and
looked just as it did when it rolled out of the showroom.  Untouched original.
Ray Decker won best of show with his almost perfectly restored 60 sitting right
next to it.  No criticism of Ray's car, but I probably would have given the
award to the survivor car.

One of the reasons for all the customs:  as you well know it is much more
difficult to restore any car to original than to customize one.  And also
normally more expensive to do so.  Lenny Coop will continue to get high prices
for his vintage restorations.

From: Bill <bbauer2000@xxxxxxxxx>

To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, November 2, 2011, 9:27 AM

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=454909&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=8c0bd8517aee4010a3b55315e92026ee

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 9:04 AM, sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Can you link the samba discussion?  Assume it was in the whines split bus forum.

From: James Dwan <james_dwan_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, November 1, 2011, 9:31 PM

OMG he just said a 21 window went for $200,000. Wow, God forbid, f I get hard
up for cash I should give that A-hole a call : ) He lost 4k on the Ghia. Was
that a fair price for the double cab?

From: Ronnie Hughes <fracdogii@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, October 31, 2011, 3:05 PM

It's on Velocity at 8:00 or 9:00 PM.  That's one of the Discovery channels

From: Ronnie Hughes <fracdogii@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Chasing Classic Cars
To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, October 31, 2011, 12:54 PM

Just in case you didn't see the ads, CCC will be auctioning a split double cab
on the show Tuesday night.

--
My Email Moniker
http://www.findinternettv.com/Video,item,1570570433.aspx