[tcb] Camping in a cave in Illinois

  • From: Bob Perring <perring@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,buskatiers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 13:53:40 -0500

Hello Texas Coalition of Bus folks and Buskatier folks

OK, so like this true.....

I have taken charge of putting together a Murphysboro, Illinois bus event, bus sidewalk or city park show, BBQ, campout, rock concert, wine country cruise, and camping in the cave campsite event, and.............
this is the only "Murphysboro" in America.

I even get to pick the season and weekend.
The plan is for this to be a community sponsored annual event.

I haven't a clue as to how to begin.
My main worry is putting it together and having no interest from bus folks so as to support the community's efforts.

I have everything going for the event, except a secure inner self feeling about putting it together.

More later, as I learn along the path.

Bob Perring
=====================================
Drive Safe, Drive Slow, Park in the Ding Free Spots.
  __________
 (E[__][__]|[_][\
 |   __|    *|__| |)
=-/(O)\----/(O)\=
=======================>

At 12:18 10/16/2006, you wrote:
Sounds like a awesome trip to me!
I admit I am a little biased, I believe any trip is great in a bus.
(as long as your not in a hurry)
I still like the idea you had before you moved up there, about the
campout at the cave near you.
If you plan it we will try and make it.
Maybe we could cruise west across the Mississippi River to the old
capital of Illinois...................

What kind of Sailor is from Illinois???????

On Oct 16, 2006, at 7:44 AM, Bob Perring wrote:

Not exactly an awesome trip, but it was an awesome time.

Mary Beth and I took out in NeueBus yesterday mid-morning, and
drove along the highway 3 bluffs over to a little nearby town by
the name of Jacob; located just beneath the bluffs and down in the
bottoms land of the Mississippi.

It was their annual Werstfest where these Lutherans cook a up lot
of really good German sausages, potatoes, kraut, apples, desserts,
etc., and then you get to eat as much as you want for $8.00 per
person.

Later, we drove along the levee and looked for Tom Sawyer, Huck,
and Becky; Instead, saw a lot of trees that had been snapped off a
few weeks ago by the tornado that went through the area - WOW!

Then, drove across the Mississippi at Chester, Illinois (home of
Popeye the sailor man), went to Kaskaskia, the first capital of
Illinois. Pretty neat in that it West of the Mississippi, and is in
Illinois. The town was French settled, and established in 1673.

Let me say that again - located West of the Mississippi, and still
in Illinois.
Let me say that again, founded in 1673.

Oh, yeah, let me say that again.
Chester, Illinois
home of Popeye the sailor man ........ and .......... Menard
prison; the prison where Dr. Richard Kimbell was being bussed off
to when his prison bus was hit by that train, and the movie "The
Fugitive" got rolling.

Additional bus content........
West of the Mississippi, and still in Illinois, we found a barn
stored, but still abandoned VW bus.

Total trip mileage; door to door - about 100 miles.

Posting today,
Lurking tomorrow,
Bob