[tcb] Re: Brian's Tranny

Actually you could order a Gene Berg Mount Kit too.  You can also use two pieces of angle iron and make the mount yourself.

-----Original Message-----
From: sammie smith
Sent: Jul 8, 2008 5:49 PM
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: Brian's Tranny

Terry:  See the other posts.  That's not what he needs.  He needs the frame piece that has to be cut from the bus frame that goes over the top of the tranny on a bay.

theresabuckner@xxxxxxx wrote:
Sammy    If you can not find yours , I have a few .   Terry R

From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Brian:
Talked to the man.  $200.  The bus belonged to two little old ladies who drove it camping and my buddy had just installed this tranny for them and it had less than 2,000 miles on it when a drunk drove into the A pillar on the right side and totaled the front of the 68 westy.  It looked kinda of like Murray except on the right side and it was worse.  My buddy had just also installed a rebuilt engine for them and they sold the engine.  I wound up with the westy in my bone yard and pulled the tranny and we sold the bus for them to a guy in Dallas who is restoring a bay westy and wanted it for parts.  The only thing left is the tranny.  They bought it from a transmission rebuilder and paid $600 for it.  I don't know for sure which bus tranny it
is except it was in the 68 and when they bought it they bought it for a 68.  If you want me to look at it for numbers or a description let me know.

Unless you want this thing quick I could bring it to Eureka for you at the end of August.

Let me know what you want to do.
Sammie