[tcb] Re: Brian, Brian, Brian

  • From: Eric Woodall <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 18:09:11 -0500

I like Derrick and I don't mind his prices.
I just think its cool that he's willing to deal. When Dan Martin and I drove up there a few years ago, he had everything I needed and I feel like I got a pretty good price.
Not a terrific price, but I didn't feel like hunting and pecking any more.

Denis Dodson wrote:
$8500 is the owner's price. He charged you $25 for an original off an actual bus. He charges whatever he charges. Maybe he liked your friend more than you. Mid-America probably sold you a Chinese or a Brazilian repro knockoff. I think that you should think about what you say before you say it. Derrick may or may not charge too much, but you certainly have no right to judge him, and you shouldn't insult him in print.

I believe that I have heard some knock on every business or person that has ever sold a VW part. From Steve at Wolfgang to Izzy's safari windows, Jack at Black Gold to V-Dub Folks in Grand Prairie. Somebody will say that the stuff was too expensive or crap.

If you don't like dealing with original salvage of stuff that is getting incredibly rarer as we speak, that fits and has held up for 40 years, buy all your stuff from Mid-America, the people who told me, insisted, that the rubber mat on the floor around the pedals in the Splitty comes in three pieces. I would put up Derrick's stuff against their cheap crap any day.

Let me qualify that statement by saying that Mid-America re-sells products from outside suppliers, some of them quality. Like Sew-fine and Wolfsburg West.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>