[tcb] Re: Brake Booster (Servo) rebuild

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 13:02:02 -0600

Where is the Galveston report?

From: tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2012 12:53 PM
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: Brake Booster (Servo) rebuild

I haven't had a brake booster rebuilt but I have bought rebuilt brake
boosters thrice.  I spent 3 different amouts.  I remember one being cheap
like somewhere between $50-$100 and it looks sad but maybe it will work
well, I don't know it is still in my garage.  I bought another one and it
may have been from Bus Boys but I am not sure and it was more expensive, and
looked prettier than the cheap one.  It is in my '71 and seems to be
awesome.  And I bought a third one from Wolfsburg West.  It was the most
expensive one and was by far the prettiest one and it is in my '66 and seems
awesome but they have a big core charge.  I don't think they rebuild them
themselves.  I think the send them to someone.

I didn't really answer your question but maybe it will help.

On Feb 12, 2012 9:52 AM, <71Westy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

after weeks and weeks of brake issues it seems I need a new brake servo  for
my 71. It seems that someone up in Dallas rebuilds them if I recall Dan
telling me this years ago. If anyone can shed some light for me let me know.

Trey in Houston