[tcb] Re: Blinkers are good

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 08:11:54 -0800 (PST)

They are a very small peened rivet. I don't think a regular rivet gun will
work. I will check my Bentley manual and see what it says.

Christopher Dirksen <cajun-eskimo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:      Nope your right it
is a rivet thats why an alen wrench doen't work dang gone. Thanks Denis, so
anyone coming to the Christmas party have the the tool to shoot rivets in
there?

    Cajun Eskimo
  Christopher Dirksen

  From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Re: Blinkers are good
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 19:24:30 -0600

          Are you talking about the windwing latch? If so the only kind I have
seen is installed by taking out the windwing glass and that latch is connected
by rivets, You drill out the old rivets and throw away the broken one, place
the new one in, shoot two rivets in there and replace the glass. Were they ever
held by set screws? I don't know.