[tcb] Re: Bleeding brake Update

  • From: vw1971 <treyjung@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 15:38:15 -0500

Chris,

I missed your email here... I worked on the brakes early this morning and
made a huge mess ( not much progress) as I was trying to do this by myself.
I got pretty frustrated and stopped around 1 pm to run a few errands. For
the recored my cell phone number is 713-501-7963 a better way to reach me at
times....

You're always welcome to drop by with the little Eskimos. Kendall is almost
16 months and is a joy. Tomorrow we're taking her to the Astros game. Dee is
a huge baseball fan.

Sorry I missed your email. I could have used your foot.....

Trey

On 7/7/07, Christopher Dirksen <cajun-eskimo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Trey,

The Dirkseen want to come over and watch, would you mind if the kids came
too? Can you send me your # so we can get directions?

Thanks,

 *Cajun Eskimo*

------------------------------
From: *vw1971 <treyjung@xxxxxxxxx>*
To: *tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx*
Subject: *[tcb] Bleeding brake Update*
Date: *Fri, 6 Jul 2007 19:05:15 -0500*

Got the wheel cylinder in the RR done, moved over to the LR wheel, got the
46 mm nut buster off and of course the brake cylinder is leaking too on the
right side... replaced the brake cylinder (thank God for buying spares 2
years ago) anyway putting the shoes back on , I could not get the drum back
on, tried wiggling the shoes, adjusting the star nuts, no luck then I pushed
too hard and the right shoe came off the mounting plate .... $$%%$%^@^ ...
then I relized I had some German brake shoes in storage somewhere, hunted
those down, installed them on the LR , by now I took the star nuts out and
clean them up and lubed them, got them working great.... After the wheel was
done, the drum went on and I installed the tire, let the bus down..... ok
good,  no not ok.... I jacked up the right side and pulled the tire off, the
drum and installed the new shoes on that side... ( also cleaned the start
nuts ........) installed the drum, the tire and let the bus down.....

I'm tired ... have not bled the brakes yet, I'll save that for tomorrow..
Anyone want to watch me , I have beer , margaritas, I can find something
good to cook , eat.....

Trey

<http://g.msn.com/8HMBENUS/2731??PS=47575>