[tcb] Re: Bay Parts. July 4 2007. Get ready.

  • From: "Shelby Shook" <sloweyefasthand@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:12:42 -0700

If anyone comes accross a bay window sliding door let me know...I will be in
need of one soon. Oh and HI EVERYBODY...havn't posted in a while...been so
busy with getting out of school...and then back into school with college.
Any way, helllooooo can't wait to hang with you folks again. You're the most
entertaining group i know =P

-Shelby

On 7/10/07, wuzmop@xxxxxxx <wuzmop@xxxxxxx> wrote:

So your wife works for a beer company AND will have a VW? Dude, you got it
made!

From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 09:09:01

To:tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good luck and don't break any speed records.

Peter Albarian <pcalbar@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Hey Sammie,

Do you mean to tell me you've never accidentally gotten Bay parts that came with

a bunch of Split-Bus parts? The thing I don't know is why they got put away and

not sold right away. I actually recently sold a bay jack that was mistakenly put

away as well. Cleaning up is cleaning up, so I'm hoping someone on TCB could use

them.

On another note that is VW and not Bus related, most of you probably saw the

response I sent to Sharon over the weekend about my wife Caren wanting a cute

convertible Beetle. In case any of you are interested, we came to an agreement

on a nice 7 year old restoration with less than 1000 miles on it since the work.

It's a 1964 with all matching numbers from front to back, and Caren is actually

getting excited. I went through the fact finding process over the phone and

E-mail for 1 1/2 weeks, because the seller was learning a lot about his car that

he didn't know and I wanted to.

I will be flying up to Chicago, meet Caren's brother, and drive ~2 hours east to

pick it up in Indiana. Then I'll be pulling a Will Wood and drive it back. I

will be checking a piece of luggage that has tools and extra minor repair parts

just in case, and then I'll have TCB friends if I need them once I make it to

OK. I haven't owned a Beetle in over 7 years, but am pretty stoked that my wife

want an old VW.

I'll plan to keep y'all posted along the way if you want me to. I'll be heading

south on Friday, 7/27 and expect to arrive home on 7/28 with good VW Karma on my

side.

Have a great week,