[tcb] Re: Bay Parts. July 4 2007. Get ready.

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:31:59 -0700 (PDT)

So where are you going to college Shelby?

Shelby Shook <sloweyefasthand@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:    If anyone comes accross a
bay window sliding door let me know...I will be in need of one soon. Oh and HI
EVERYBODY...havn't posted in a while...been so busy with getting out of
school...and then back into school with college. Any way, helllooooo can't wait
to hang with you folks again. You're the most entertaining group i know =P

  -Shelby

  On 7/10/07, wuzmop@xxxxxxx <wuzmop@xxxxxxx> wrote:     So your wife works for
a beer company AND will have a VW? Dude, you got it made!

  From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 09:09:01
  To:tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Good luck and don't break any speed records.

  Peter Albarian <pcalbar@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Hey Sammie,
  Do you mean to tell me you've never accidentally gotten Bay parts that came
with
  a bunch of Split-Bus parts? The thing I don't know is why they got put away
and
  not sold right away. I actually recently sold a bay jack that was mistakenly
put
  away as well. Cleaning up is cleaning up, so I'm hoping someone on TCB could
use
  them.

  On another note that is VW and not Bus related, most of you probably saw the
  response I sent to Sharon over the weekend about my wife Caren wanting a cute
  convertible Beetle. In case any of you are interested, we came to an
agreement
  on a nice 7 year old restoration with less than 1000 miles on it since the
work.
  It's a 1964 with all matching numbers from front to back, and Caren is
actually
  getting excited. I went through the fact finding process over the phone and
  E-mail for 1 1/2 weeks, because the seller was learning a lot about his car
that
  he didn't know and I wanted to.
  I will be flying up to Chicago, meet Caren's brother, and drive ~2 hours east
  pick it up in Indiana. Then I'll be pulling a Will Wood and drive it back. I
  will be checking a piece of luggage that has tools and extra minor repair
parts
  just in case, and then I'll have TCB friends if I need them once I make it to
  OK. I haven't owned a Beetle in over 7 years, but am pretty stoked that my
wife
  want an old VW.
  I'll plan to keep y'all posted along the way if you want me to. I'll be
heading
  south on Friday, 7/27 and expect to arrive home on 7/28 with good VW Karma on
my
  side.
  Have a great week,