[tcb] BBB {WAS: Re: Re: Big Bend}

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gvl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 17:48:48 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

Make note of the "pack for both extremes" statement. In 2002 we were on a
different part of the lake and that "almost reached 70" was actually
colder'n a witches tit in a brass bra. The wind NEVER stopped blowing over
there.

Starting in 2003 we moved to a new campsite in the state park and the wind
level is much more reasonable. But if it stays up a 75 degree day can still
call for jeans and long sleeves. But, it is the desert. After the sun has a
chance to warm the ground it doesn't usually start cooling down at night
until well after the sun has gone away.

Campers -- usually 150+ registered at the show (vehicles -- some with
singles ike me and others with 6 or 8 member families -- lotsa peeples).

No formal "swap meet area". This is a long distance show for most attendees
so swap meet material is hit-and-miss. Ronnie from www.type2parts.com is
there with new stuff at good prices though.

G2