[tcb] Re: Average head temps

  • From: 71Westy@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 13:19:39 +0000 (UTC)

Have you looked at ratwell.com? He has some notes about the DD CHT there. One
day I'm going to get one.
----- Original Message -----
From: "James Dwan" <james_dwan_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 8:11:29 AM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: [tcb] Average head temps

So I got the DD CHT gauge wired up yesterday. I couldn't get it to go to the
"set up" mode. Does anyone have a Dakota Digital CHT gauge on the list?
Anyway it appears to be working fine, yanked out the VDO gauges if anyone is
interested in them lemme know. They are the gauges only for oil temp and oil
pressure.

Average temp was about 350 when about 60 mph but got up to 404 in 4th going 80
with it floored. Are these average? I have never had a CHT gauge before.

James