[tcb] Re: Austin Trip..Good Times

  • From: Neil McGlothin <nbmdude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:32:12 -0800 (PST)

Glad everyone had a great time!  I know I sure did!
My only 'incident' occurred on the way back to
Dallas...
I was cold and wet from the show.  I had a warm, dry
change of clothes...but couldn't find a good place to
change.
Sure, I'm in a bus, but the back is completely full o'
parts.  Was nervious about changing in a parkin' lot,
so I drove to the 1st rest area on I35...started
takin' off my wet, cold shoes & socks, but  a car
parked right in front of me and the folks walked past
me to the rest rooms.  Hummm, someone might see me and
report the naked guy...so I put towels over the
windows, put pillows on the dash to cover the
windshileld...get all my cold wet clothes off and a
damned cop parks RIGHT behind me.  Believe me, its
HARD to dress quickly in the drivers seat, but I did
it!
The officer stayed behind me for 20 damned minutes!
I left, he stayed, so it was all good!

--- KatrinaMartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> So Dan,Trey,Bob, & I left Houston at 9am heading to
> Austin.
> We took the backroads FM529-HWY159-FM955-Hwy71...
> Stopped 3 times,missed a turn.
> Got to the Muleshoes campground at 12:30pm.
> Then the party was on!
> Dallas Aircoolers were already there,they left
> Dallas Friday afternoon.
> (also 1 AAC-Jerrid)
> Dan & I made stew for everyone. We got creative with
> the stew & put some jalepeno sausauge,stew meat,&
> stew vegetables in the pot and stirred away.
> Everyone had stew then some Austin Aircoolers showed
> up with (mead??)...
> And thanks to Amy for the Elk meat tacos.
> We all watched roman candles and had some bus love
> by the fire. Ya bus love!
> Passed out, then got woke up by our tarp flapping
> about 2am. The clamps we put to keep the tarp up was
> banging on the side of the bus and just
> windy,raining like crazy.
> Woke up again, Dan took some clamps off so it would
> not make any noise. Just poured down rain all night.
>
> Got up about 7am, Jason from AAC fixed tacos.
> Dan fried up some bacon Drew(Austin dude) brought.
> So then we all had breakfast tacos.
> Then Trey got out the laptop and played a Shrek DVD.
> Watched it for about 20 minutes then the rain got
> worse. (Trey's canopy sucks-just joking Trey)Turned
> off the laptop, then got ready to tear down and
> leave to got to Motormania.
> We stopped at a gas station before heading to the
> show. So we drove and drove then finally got to the
> show. The rain didn't stop it from being a great
> show.
> I like Volkswagen shows because of the people, the
> Volkswagen buses are cool also.
> Tom(AAC-parmesan chicken wings) was the first person
> we saw. Bob and Paul Smith were there to greet us
> also. Brent showed up and told us about the cool TCB
> underwear.
> David Blades & his son was there.Garret from AAC was
> there. Three Houston Aircoolers showed
> up-Jason,Bobby,and Chris the slackers that stayed in
> a motel Saturday night.
> The list goes on and on.
> Lots of Volkswagens & people. Wonderful chicken
> tacos,the best I've ever had.
> Paul,Bob,Brent,Dan & I piled up in the bus and
> turned on the propane heater and chatted for a
> while. Good Times is what it is all about.
> Then Trey,Bob,Dan,& I left at 1:45pm to head back to
> Houston. We left early because the rain never
> stopped, and we didn't want it to be dark
> outside,raining,trying to drive,etc.
> Headed down the road a little while, then Bob asked
> if we wanted to stop at Chuy's and get a bite to
> eat. Bob went to Chuy's and Dan,Trey,and I headed
> back to Houston. The trip back home was ok,rained
> the whole way,until we got to Bellville.
> We got home with no problems out of Homer.
> The good times!!!
> That's all folks.
>
> Katrina & Dan Martin
> 71'bus "Homer"
> [...]

=====
"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If
you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've
never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop
thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in
which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater
than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

http://mail.yahoo.com