[tcb] Re: Aircoolapalooza

  • From: Neil McGlothin <nbmdude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 11:50:31 -0700 (PDT)

Great trip report!  But, I arrived B/4 Pamela (by 5 or
10 minutes)...
Yeah, my arm wuz gettin' mighty tired b/4 Liz arrived!
Darned Faraday Flashlight!
It was one of the better campin' times I've had!  Liz
too!

--- Katrina Martin <k.d.martin@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thursday, Dan & I left Houston at 5:30AM. We were
> going to Glen Rose
> to camp. But, first we will go visit Paul since it's
> on the way. I
> really wanted to go see where Transporters at the
> Point 3 would be
> this year. We went by the camping area for T@P3.
> It's a great spot
> for a camp-out & show. Got to Paul's house at 11AM.
> We said our
> Hello's to Paul. Paul said,"Hey Katrina I have
> something for you".
> Then he handed me a Filmore Bus!!! Gosh that Paul is
> such a great
> guy. Dan,Paul, & I then went out to the back yard
> and chatted and
> smoked. Left Paul's house at 12:00PM. Got to Glen
> Rose at 1:30PM.
> Well we got a little lost looking for the camp
> ground. I called Jerry
> to ask where it was, OOH ok not 200 to 302, 200 to
> 304. Arrived at
> the camp ground and set up camp. Turned on some
> music and waited for
> other people to show up. All of a sudden we saw
> Angii and Jerry! We
> all chatted for a while then Dan,Jerry, and I went
> to the river to go
> swimming. The water was just wonderful, not too
> deep, not to cold,
> perfect... Got back to the campsite and ate a
> sandwich. Later that
> evening Angii made us hot dogs. Thanks Angii. We all
> went to bed
> early that night. At 9:15PM!!!
>
> Friday, got up at 8AM. Angii made some coffee and
> even brought it
> over to my campsite. Thanks Angii. Dan made some
> sausage and eggs for
> breakfast. He is such a good man, he cooks the whole
> time we are
> camping and I just sit back and watch. Dan, Jerry, &
> I went for a
> swim, and had 3 beers. After swimming for a hour, we
> got hungry so we
> went back to the campsite to eat a sandwich. Dan & I
> took a afternoon
> nap for a couple of hours. Woke up then saw that
> Pamela had showed
> up. Neil arrived after her. Dan & I peeked out the
> window of the bus
> for a while then decided to get up and mingle.
> Pamela was hysteric,
> her dog Paisley (blonde cocker spaniel-13yrs.old)
> had been attacked
> by another dog when she let him out of the Ghia at
> the front gate
> (where you register for camping). Paisley had two
> marks on her, one
> under her neck, and one on her back. Neil was doing
> well, but he had
> this weird thing going on with his flashlight. It is
> the kind of
> flashlight you have to shake for it to work for 5
> minutes, then you
> shake it again. He kept on mumbling about how much
> he misses
> [...]

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If
you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've
never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop
thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in
which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater
than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

http://mail.yahoo.com