[tcb] Aircoolapalooza

  • From: Katrina Martin <k.d.martin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 21:33:54 -0500

Thursday, Dan & I left Houston at 5:30AM. We were going to Glen Rose to camp. But, first we will go visit Paul since it's on the way. I really wanted to go see where Transporters at the Point 3 would be this year. We went by the camping area for T@P3. It's a great spot for a camp-out & show. Got to Paul's house at 11AM. We said our Hello's to Paul. Paul said,"Hey Katrina I have something for you". Then he handed me a Filmore Bus!!! Gosh that Paul is such a great guy. Dan,Paul, & I then went out to the back yard and chatted and smoked. Left Paul's house at 12:00PM. Got to Glen Rose at 1:30PM. Well we got a little lost looking for the camp ground. I called Jerry to ask where it was, OOH ok not 200 to 302, 200 to 304. Arrived at the camp ground and set up camp. Turned on some music and waited for other people to show up. All of a sudden we saw Angii and Jerry! We all chatted for a while then Dan,Jerry, and I went to the river to go swimming. The water was just wonderful, not too deep, not to cold, perfect... Got back to the campsite and ate a sandwich. Later that evening Angii made us hot dogs. Thanks Angii. We all went to bed early that night. At 9:15PM!!!

Friday, got up at 8AM. Angii made some coffee and even brought it over to my campsite. Thanks Angii. Dan made some sausage and eggs for breakfast. He is such a good man, he cooks the whole time we are camping and I just sit back and watch. Dan, Jerry, & I went for a swim, and had 3 beers. After swimming for a hour, we got hungry so we went back to the campsite to eat a sandwich. Dan & I took a afternoon nap for a couple of hours. Woke up then saw that Pamela had showed up. Neil arrived after her. Dan & I peeked out the window of the bus for a while then decided to get up and mingle. Pamela was hysteric, her dog Paisley (blonde cocker spaniel-13yrs.old) had been attacked by another dog when she let him out of the Ghia at the front gate (where you register for camping). Paisley had two marks on her, one under her neck, and one on her back. Neil was doing well, but he had this weird thing going on with his flashlight. It is the kind of flashlight you have to shake for it to work for 5 minutes, then you shake it again. He kept on mumbling about how much he misses Elizabeth wishing she was there with him. Mark & Emily got there at 5PM or 6PM. All of a sudden... Rob, Sonja, & Michael and their dog Dizzy showed up. Cory, Pamela's friend showed up. We all had steak that Jerry marinated and Rob brought some potatoes. We all ate, then Kevin & his son showed up. Then finally after many phone calls, Duncan, Cindy, their two dogs Siquoia & Teak showed up at 12PM. Hung out for a while then went to bed at 1:30AM.

Saturday we all got up and had breakfast. Angii made coffee again! We all sat around all day and went swimming again. Paul showed up just in time to eat some of Kevin's great fajita's and my award winning chili. Paul thanks for coming , we all enjoy your crazy sense of humor. Paul then left and then...The Mexican Air Coolers arrived. Put it this way one guy had a horn that played la cockarocha. He was a guy who liked to talk very loud, but I know he was just having fun. Elizabeth finally showed up, after poor Neil was getting a calis on his hand from all the flashlight shaking every 5 minutes. It was good to see Elizabeth. Thanks for coming I enjoyed hanging out with you Liz!!! Make a long story short Jerry likes listening to Journey,Loverboy Eminem, and Sheryl Crow. OOh wait a minute Pamela had the Sheryl Crow CD(I like Sheryl). Pamela did sing, we told her not to. Dan & I stayed up for a while and went to bed about 1:30AM. Kevin and Duncan stayed up until 5AM solving all the worlds problems, so we are all ok since they are in charge now...

Sunday got up at 7:30AM, had some more of Angii's coffee. Ate breakfast, got all packed up, then Dan & I left Glen Rose at 11:30AM. Dan & I only stopped three times on the way home, made it home by 4:30PM. Homer ran great all the way up there and all the way back home.

Last but not least I would like to Thank Jerry & Rob for finding such a great place to camp for Aircoolapalooza II...........................Next year same time, same place................

END

Katrina Martin
71'bus "Homer"