[tcb] Re: Air Filter

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 14:53:40 -0700 (PDT)

It came with the panel.  It is correct for the year and the bastard 40, but is
the same as the early Ghia cleaner.  They are not that rare and you usually can
find them in swap meets.  There was one in the swap at Temple but the guy
wanted $50 which is way too much.  If you are going to Ennis you can probably
find one there.  Mine is the spin on style but I think the clip style is also
correct for that vintage.  Any of them on the post barn door busses and all the
early ghias should be correct till they came out with the preheat hose and
extension on the cleaner which is probably the same time they came out with
fresh air heaters for the bug and bus.

  Point:  anytime you buy a vehicle for restoration you make sure it is as
complete as possible on parts.  Saves time and money in the long run.  I would
be willing to pay a little more, or at least be more condusive to buying if the
aircleaner were there to start with.  It's just one less part to search for.

Christopher Dirksen <cajun-eskimo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      Sammy,
  Where did you get the air filter for the panel?

    Searching Eskimo

  More photos, more messages, more storage?get 2GB with Windows Live Hotmail.