[tcb] Re: A message board?

  • From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 14:15:42 -0500

sorry :-)

i love this email list. it is fun entertaining (denis) and educational (corny but true) you guys have helped me with alot of crap on my bus. if i ask a question most generally i get a straight forward answer really quickly. the tcb rocks i love it.

From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: A message board?
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 13:56:35 -0500

p.s. G2 and Denis are not the only ones here that post more than anyone ever wanted to know............................

On Oct 24, 2006, at 11:31 AM, Gerald V. Livingston II wrote:

FIRST, I'd like to welcome all the new subscribers. I'm the resident email
"nazi" because I have been running my own mail server since the mid 90's
and am the mail server administrator for an ISP. I am NOT an admin on this
list -- direct all questions or change requests directly to Dan Martin. My
managing list email. If you think THIS list is high volume go sign up on
the Type2 or VintageBus lists.

Konrad -- I'm sending a copy of this message DIRECTLY to you as well as to
the list in case Dan has already unsubscribed you. It offers you an
alternative way to keep up with traffic here. You're the only one I've
noticed requesting to be unsubscribed rather than having digest mode set.

Dan, if I missed any recent unsubs please forward this to them if  you can
find their addresses in the message archive.

This is the SHORT reply. The LONG rant about forums will come later when I
have a bit more time. Right now I'm cleaning out the '69 that will be
donating its frame to the Bradley and I'm emptying out the Rivi so I can
get rid of the ant bed that formed inside due to the recent rain <sigh>

Now,

Reading online...

You can do the same here:

//www.freelists.org/list/tcb

Links on that page to the archives and for those who use RSS you there's a
link to add a feed to your reader.

The "Archives" link is where you actually go to read the email  posted to
the list.

If you use the "Log in directly to this list" link you can change your own
settings (like turning digest on/off or subscribe/unsubscribe).

Log in and set yourself on "Vacation" mode. It will stop sending you emails
to your inbox BUT you are still subscribed and can send messages to the
list (which you read online through the archive).

G2

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 8:45:51 -0500 "coocoo@xxxxxxxxx Tue, 24 Oct 2006
8:45:51 -0500 "coocoo@xxxxxxx" <coocoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't care for the boards like Aircoolers. As one of the more active
BSers here (remember that if I don't post Dan calls me on the phone and
asks what's wrong) I would prefer a Yahoo or Google Group. They are free
and you can choose to have the posts sent to your E-mail or you can read it
at the site, so it offers the choice.

---- Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I mentioned to Mike, not on this list, the guy who runs the Dallas
Aircoolers .com site and board at Denis' on the 4th of July about
having a TCB section on their board. He did not sound thrilled, but
he did not seem to have a problem with it.
If anyone wants to ask around or build a board for us I have no
problem with it.

Dan & Katrina Martin

Try the next generation of search with Windows Live Search today! http://imagine-windowslive.com/minisites/searchlaunch/?locale=en-us&source=hmtagline