[tcb] Re: A GREAT weekend!

  • From: kelly dosch <kellydosch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 21:32:34 -0700 (PDT)

  What? We partied our asses off.

--- On Mon, 4/18/11, w.wood <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: w.wood <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Re: A GREAT weekend!
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, April 18, 2011, 8:34 PM

Wasn't he the one complaining about old folks too?  humm

I did actually make it close to Fredricksburg on Thursday night.. Diverted
flight into DFW and wound up at Austin airport for two hours..
Then I had a full HD lightening show at 23,000 feet flying into DFW.  Something
reminded me of the saying "If god had meant for man to fly.. " or some such.

Glad everybody made it home safe.  Oh Denis, 6V won WWII and as you'll recall
the Germans lost.  So VWs lost WWII.  I just wanted to make that point clear.
Glad you made it back safe.

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 8:22 PM,  <whocanduncan1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I finally did see Kelly. He camped with the spoiled people up top.

Met David S., too.

Still too tired to write more.

Sent from my BlackBerry®From:  "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
Sender:  tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 18:48:45 -0500To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>ReplyTo:
tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] A GREAT weekend!
I am home. I am tired, but soooo greatful for such a hoot for an event.
 Every year I wish I could shoulder more of Steve’s burden, but I think he has
a fantastic time, no matter what he says.  We all are aware of all the work he
and Sharon and all the worker bees do so that I can come down and get drunk and
yell and stay up late. Most of you don’t know, but the whole thing is really
about ME. I know, I know, you all think that it’s about the cars and the hobby
and stuff like that, and I like to share, but it’s been a secret for long
enough and it’s time we all stop pretending. Steve and Sharon may not even
realize what they have created for my entertainment and gratification. I
appreciate all the little people that make it such a great event, and I look
forward to next year.
 Now a few questions: What the hell is Flippy Cups and why did it need to
involve the cops?
Why didn’t Robb change his clothes all weekend? He wore his jacket when it was
80 and shorts when it was 38. Doesn’t he get hot?cold? Eric may be the luckiest
man on Earth. His kids are beautiful and smart and Amy…the luckiest man on
Earth. I guess that wasn’t a question, just an observation.
 After all the grief Kelly handed out grief to all the light weights who went
to sleep at Bulli Gras, did he camp out at the RV park with the old people and
their parents? Did anybody actually see or talk to him? Some of us really did
look for him, maybe at night in a glow of LEDs.
  Murray had to be push started to leave, began blowing gobs of oil (but not
leaking at a stop), tried to have brake problems (but didn’t) and started
popping out of 4th gear for the last hour of the trip to Chuck’s house. I drove
into Chucks yard and straight on to the trailer. No stopping to unload or
anything, straight on to the trailer. It was like the WW2 movies about the shot
up B-17s limping back to England all shot up with only one engine, half the
crew dead and on fumes.
 We won that war, too. Funny thing is, I think it’s all minor crap, the result
of taking a 48 year old bus out of winter storage and driving it for 12 hours.
 Anyway, thanks for everything, you were all great.

--
My Email Moniker
http://www.findinternettv.com/Video,item,1570570433.aspx