[tcb] Re: 6 volt wiper motor, 12V system

  • From: Gerald Livingston <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 16:13:46 -0500

Here's a link to a build-it-yourself CURRENT limiter. Will slow the motor down to safe speeds without the excessive heat side effect (this one would be warm, not HOT):

http://www.vw-resource.com/wiper1.html

His drawing really sucks.

G2

Gerald Livingston wrote:
If using the voltage dropping resistor method be sure he mounts it in a place that gets PLENTY of air flow and not next to any paint you don't want blistered from the heat.

You can probably order a 12V rotor to fit in your wiper motor body. I've read about them somewhere.

G2

sammie smith wrote:
Almost all of the VW parts places sell the rheostat/resistor combination for that purpose and they are about $40.