[tcb] Re: 23 Window

  • From: James Dwan <james_dwan_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 17:51:44 -0700 (PDT)

Wow, that is ridiculous. The buyer must not be into VWs or not fond of research

From: w.wood <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx>

To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, June 26, 2011, 4:33 PM

Well that is funny. A fake pedigree-
On Jun 26, 2011 4:14 PM, "Eric Woodall" <ericthomaswoodall@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mmmm. Repop m-code plate = major party foul.

> On Jun 26, 2011, at 3:51 PM, sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:

>> Yep, been in that show. Have three trophies to prove it. Two seconds and one
>> first.
>>
>> Think the biggest problem as heard from the people on the samba was that the
>> bus was not painted its original color and that the colors he painted it
>> were way off of what they should have been and the fact that he had a repop
>> m-code plate
 made for it to make it correspond to what he had done to the bus.

>> That said: I have not seen the bus in person and it looks great from all of
>> the pictures I have seen.

 2011, 2:10 PM

>> Sammie,
>>
>> He did the paint himself and owning a body shop, it was perfect. Sharon
>> looked it over extensively trying to find the tiniest flaw and couldn't find
>> any. As far as not winning his class have you ever been in that show? It is
>> simply a people's choice ballot and those clubs that have the most members
>> there can control the voting.

>> On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 1:32 PM, sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:

>> There has been a discussion about the owner on the Samba who says he is one
>> of the premier VW restorers, but basically no one ever heard of him, and he
>> apparently restored the bus himself. It apparently is a nice bus, but not
>> totally correct and didn't even win its class at
 the recently CA Classic.

 too much to pay.
>> Unfortunately a paying that much for a bus means that it will never see the
>> open highway except from the inside of an enclosed trailer.
>>
>> On 6/26/2011 11:34 AM, James Dwan wrote:

>>> Wow, good to know my investment is appreciating : ) Not fond of the color
>>> BTW

 picture of a bus at OCTO/Classic show a few days ago.

>>> http://den-a.plr.liquidcompass.net/player/flash/audio_player.php?id=KTHXFM&uid=278

--
My Email Moniker
http://www.findinternettv.com/Video,item,1570570433.aspx