[tcb] Re: 23 Window

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 13:51:12 -0700 (PDT)

Yep, been in that show.  Have three trophies to prove it.  Two seconds and one
first.

Think the biggest problem as heard from the people on the samba was that the
bus was not painted its original color and that the colors he painted it were
way off of what they should have been and the fact that he had a repop m-code
plate made for it to make it correspond to what he had done to the bus.

That said:  I have not seen the bus in person and it looks great from all of
the pictures I have seen.

From: Mike Hayes <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, June 26, 2011, 12:45 PM

I'm not saying your bus isn't nice James cause it is very nice but,  that price
probably has a lot to do wit the reputation of the person/company who did the
restoration.  That said it's still too much to pay.
Unfortunately a paying that much for a bus means that it will never see the
open highway except from the inside of an enclosed trailer.

On 6/26/2011 11:34 AM, James Dwan wrote:

Wow, good to know my investment is appreciating : ) Not fond of the color BTW