[tcb] Re: 16 gallon tank

  • From: Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 20:43:35 -0600

I have a tank in a 68 bay that would go cheap if you want to come to Nacogdoches and pull it.

At 10:38 AM 10/30/2006, you wrote:

They are 14.x or 15.x gallons. Have to break out the Bentley to find out
for sure, can't find reference online.

Also, so far as I can tell online, nobody makes new ones. I checked BD, WW,
BB, and BFY. They're making them for 55 - 67 but not for 68 - 79.

Finding a good one at a junkyard may be difficult with the new EPA regs
requiring scrappers to remove and puncture "petroleum product containers"
(gas tanks and oil pans) -- (actually, regs require safe disposal of
petroleum products, most scrappers pull the tanks, poke holes in them, and
drop them in a pit of "kitty litter" which they barrel up and toss every
few weeks).

Ask on the lists and check on The Samba
(http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=270063)
(http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=184526)