[tcb] Re: 16 gallon tank

  • From: Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 20:42:19 -0600

Tanks again. I think the bay tank is 15+ gallons. Had one in my 63 single cab and it worked great and was no problem putting it in. However, the space in a splitty bus (as opposed to the single cab) for the gas tank is more limited. Haven't tried to put one in a bus but have been told it will fit. But it's gotta be tight cause the splitty 10.5 gallon tank is not that easy to fit into that space.

At 10:10 AM 10/30/2006, you wrote:

Actually I think the bay window tank is 13 gallons. The Vanagon tanks are 16 gallons. The Vanagons need bigger tanks because they don't get that good of mileage, I only averaged 19 miles per gallon the whole trip. But the trip back only took 4-1/2 hours. Would of made it in 4 except for the construction in Beaumont. --- Mark

Christopher Dirksen <cajun-eskimo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So over in Lafayette I found out that I have a leak in my 10 gal. tank and since Jenn and I have been talking (great excuse) about a bigger tank since the trip up to <mailto:T@P>T@P 3 I wanted to ask ya'll about the 16 gal bay tank (i think that's what Mark told me) and where it can be found and the cost of it.

Eric you have one right?

Any reason not to put a bigger tank in?

Had a good time in Lafayette and like Mark said the traffic was bad on the way home, but we made it safely and that's a good thing.
Sammy your bus looks Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Good! I was glad I saw it.

Denis, may the bus God's watch over you on your travels and I hope you meet and make lots of friends on your trip I know you found 4 with my family. Go pass a good time you!

Cajun Eskimo Christopher Dirksen

<http://g.msn.com/8HMAENUS/2740??PS=47575>Stay in touch with old friends and meet new ones with Windows Live Spaces