[tas-list] Re: Venus transit rain-site?

  • From: Jerry Cotey <gjcotey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tas-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tas-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 10:23:14 -0700 (PDT)

I have plans,,
Betty H and I are going to be at the Big Pines campground on the Yakima River
Mon and Tue. This campground is on the old highway running between Ellensburg
and Yakima. The walls of the canyon are quite high but I am sure the sun will
still be well up at 3 in the afternoon. For the transit we are going to move a
little ways towards Yakima,,,down the river a couple of miles to the Roza rec.
area. There are mountain sheep to watch here as well as a Red Tailed Hawks nest
with three young ones in it on the cliffs across the road. At least the three
little ones were still in the nest a week ago. Any-way this will keep us
entertained until the transit. There is lots of space here for cars and there
are rest rooms and pic-nic tables.
Jerry Cotey