[talks-uk] Re: Selling phones with Talks installed

  • From: darren_g_harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 23:24:30 +0100

Whether you're allowed too or not really doesn't matter. The point is that if
companies play fare qith their customers then the customers will respond
accordingly. If said company doesn't like i think fs doesn't then people will
just ditch it like i did. Am not going to pay stupid money for something that i
can get cheaper elsewhere and that has far more value for money. Who in their
right mind would. Look at what happened to woolworths. It priced itself out of
business because it got greedy. It's now only surviving as an online company.

The point is that the market is getting much more competitive because
mainstream technology is allowing it too. For how much longer for example do
you think note taking devices will sell when you can get netbooks and small
braille displays? It's all a point of demand. If there's a cheaper alternative
then people will go for that.
From: "Neil Barnfather - TalkNav" <forums@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 19:06:2010 8.24 pm

So just because in your eyes Nuance hasn't earned customer loyalty, it's fine
to rip them off and steel from them? Is that what you are saying...

Just because you do not like their business model doesn't mean you have to buy
from them. Likewise it doesn't mean that you have to steel from them or condone
such action either.

Twitter: @neilbarnfather

Neil Barnfather
TalkNav

Talks List Administrator

TalkNav is a Nuance Accessibility dealer, with online activation codes sent
directly to your inbox minutes after ordering, why not use TalkNav today?

www.talknav.com
sales@xxxxxxxxxxx

From: "Neil Barnfather - TalkNav" <forums@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 19:06:2010 7.49 pm

Darren,

If you were on the Talks International list I'd have you for remarks like that,
a company charging whatever it wishes to for a product is entitled to do so.
You are not forced to buy their products are you...?

If you set out to sell your TV next week, and I do not like how much you are
selling it for, buy your attitude I'm entitled to just steel it from you. What
a crazy point of view and how very unenlightened.

From: Saqib <saqib@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 19:06:2010 6.59 pm

Well I have also got a copy of Mobile Speak 4. If I wanted to move the
copy to a new phone then I simply have to install MS on the new phone
and insert my simcard and the software will be fully activated as the
licensing for MS4 is based on your phone number. I don't know why
Nuance don't take this approach as they would prevent phones being sold
with Talks on them. Nuance only offer the sim serial number license
which is not the same as phone number licensing and you have to pay out
around £75 if you lose your simcard If they took the phone number
licensing approach then losing your simcard wouldn't be a big deal and
selling phones wouldn't be a problem as you could just sell to a
secondhand shop or privately. I think there are two reasons why people
sell Talks phones on selling lists. One is that they wan't to get as
much as they can for the phone in order to pay some of that money
towards a cross upgrade and the other reason being that they would want
to sell to someone who needs a Talks enabled phone at a low cost. I
know plenty of people who just couldn't afford a new phone along with a
new license of Talks. There for it's only benefecial for them to wait
for a secondhand phone on a selling list as I've seen some being sold
as little as £70. I actually bought a Talks phone for £40 before
Christmas for a friend who simply couldn't afford a new phone along
with a new license of Talks. In this regard my friend benefitted from
someone selling a phone with Talks on all be it the phone was 3 years
out of date. It's now enabled him to keep in contact with me and his
other friends and he now sends and receives texts from his circle of
friends. The seller of the phone only went on to purchase a new cross
phone upgrade from Talknav so everyone wins in that respect.