TalkSerotek: Re: proofing with SA

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talk-serotek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 17:14:17 -0400

Hi all,

I have noticed that SA does not announce page breaks in Word either. It does yammer and yawp and yell about indents which are totally not needed, at least by me. So I end up using my old copy of Jaws to proof Bookshare books because it says "page break" when it encounters a hard page break. This is information that is crucial to proofing Bookshare books. The page count affects the DAISY markup. The DAISY software doesn't consider soft page breaks but does the hard ones, so announcement of these is paramount if you're going to work in Word. Hey, I'd be happy if it beeped, like Kurzie does. It doesn't have to vocalize it, a beep or a bong or something would be great! Is this possible?

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

to unsubscribe from the talk-serotek email list send a message to:

Talk-Serotek Archives ar at: //www.freelists.org/archives/talk-serotek/