TalkSerotek: Re: Installing Avast

  • From: Michael Russillo <petlonann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talk-serotek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 20:46:26 -0400

Hi Connie, Michael Russillo here. I got it installed now. Now tonight, when I got home from work, I turned the computer on, and after bootup, the Avast voice (following a little chime) said the virus database is up to date. When the program is running, it will update every few hours as long as you're connected; if you're on broadband this will happen in the background while you're doing other things. The way you'll know an update came is if the voice and chime come on in the background; this should happen without slowing things down; thus the "install and forget" aspect of this program. You can pretty much let it alone except when you want to do a manual scan; to scan on a schedule takes some configuration (for advanced users). I'd rather just do a manual scan each week. Don't worry about missing updates; if you've had the machine off for a while and then start it up, the program by default will get updates and let you know as I've described above. HTH

Michael (Peter) Russillo

Email services provided by the System Access Mobile Network. Visit to learn more about accessibility anywhere.
The Talk Serotek mailing list

Post to the list by sending a message to: talk-serotek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

or by sending a message to talk-serotek-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with subscribe in
the subject line, or unsubscribe in the subject line.

Visit Serotek: