TalkSerotek: Re: Installing Avast

Hi Connie, Michael Russillo here. I got it installed now. Now tonight, when I got home from work, I turned the computer on, and after bootup, the Avast voice (following a little chime) said the virus database is up to date. When the program is running, it will update every few hours as long as you're connected; if you're on broadband this will happen in the background while you're doing other things. The way you'll know an update came is if the voice and chime come on in the background; this should happen without slowing things down; thus the "install and forget" aspect of this program. You can pretty much let it alone except when you want to do a manual scan; to scan on a schedule takes some configuration (for advanced users). I'd rather just do a manual scan each week. Don't worry about missing updates; if you've had the machine off for a while and then start it up, the program by default will get updates and let you know as I've described above. HTH

Michael (Peter) Russillo

Archives: http://www.freelists.org/archives/talk-serotek/

Visit Serotek: www.serotek.com