[tabi] Re: using data and talking on phone on Verizon network!

  • From: "Chip and Allie Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 22:02:59 -0400

Hi Matt,

Sorry that I am replying so long after you posted this question.

I haven't bought a smart phone yet, but this question stuck in my mind; I
just couldn't believe someone was selling a smart phone where you could not
be on a voice call and check your calendar or whatever at the same time, but
that indeed is the case for Verizon/Sprint smart phones.  But, yes, you can
use wifi data if it's available while on a voice call.

AT&T and T-Mobile versions of the IPhone do allow you to do this (called
"talk and surf" in the industry), and a few android Verizon/Sprint smart
phones also do this (but not many, only a few of the largest and most
expensive android phones).

Hth,