[tabi] update on Dial A Ride

  • From: "Easy Talk" <Easytalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 18:48:37 -0400

Just wanted to keep you all posted.

To day I had a phone conference with Andrea Rosser, Ivan Maldonado and  Jan
Hudson with Dial A Ride to express our concerns.  They were very concerned with
our problems and are willing to work with us to resolve them.  We should be
getting an official response soon that will address  our issues and the
measures they will take to correct the problems.  As far as the 20 minute rule
to check to see if you are on the schedule and the 30 minute rule to check on
the status of your ride, this  wasn't any thing anyone on the call was aware
of.  They are going to try to find out where this came from and hopefully do
away with it.  Dar is also going to be implementing a new software program that
will allow you to schedule your trip on line and also check the status and
location of the vehicle that is scheduled to pick you up.  The software is
expected to be implemented in 6 to 9 months.  I did ask that it be beta tested
by people using assistive technology and was assured it would. Dial A Ride has
worked out an agreement with Big Bend Transit to assist in handling the over
flow and over booking of riders until additional vehicles and drivers can be
purchased and higher to meet the increased demands.  They have already budgeted
for 3 new vehicles.

We also talked about the roodness of      reservationist and the fact that
people are lied to about the status of there trip.  I suggested that a
confirmation number be given when you call to schedule a trip so there is no
question that you actually scheduled the trip.  Also the new software I
mentioned above should also allow them to record your call when you call to
schedule a trip.

I Also took the opportunity to stress the need for tactual markings at bus
stops and I think the point was made and well received.

I'll keep you posted as I learn more.

Robert