[tabi] unbelievable!

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 16:54:21 -0400

I just can't get over an article in today's Democrat: a short summary of
it is that Willy Megs (the State's Attorney), has decided not to file
any charges against the driver of an automobile who hit and killed a
teenaged driver, when she ran a red light speeding 20 MPH above the
limit.  The incident occurred in May.
The facts of the light being red and the driver speeding aren't being
disputed; Willy Megs however justified his decision by saying "We all
speed and we all run red lights."
This is absolutely unbelievable to me!  This says to me, drivers, it's
open season, whatever you do, it's going to be ok, because we all do it!

This is especially bad news for pedestrians, who are in much greater
danger from drivers, and I suppose are covered under this blanket
decision not to prosecute if one should be killed.
If time allows I'll get the text of the article and post it.  I just
can't get over it though: no matter how badly a person is driving, we
can't expect anything to happen to them (unless it's a ticket; then, the
city and county and state need the money!)

Chip Orange
Database Administrator