[tabi] Re: uber

  • From: mccaulo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 19:52:44 -0400 (EDT)

My (admittedly hazy) understanding is that whether Uber is 'legal' or not varies on the taxi and car service ordinances in a given city. There are some cities, I have heard Ft. Lauderdale is one, where Uber is arguably illegal. My understanding is that it is okay here in Tallahassee, though. The drivers are just supposed to register with the police department as a car service.