[tabi] Re: traffic light cameras in tally

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 15:50:50 -0400

What a great thing; where else can government get an improvement in safety
at the same time as not only not having to pay for it, but actually making
up some of the revenue denied them by the legislature, who forbad local
counties from receiving tax revenues above the 2001 amounts received.

Of course it's not good if they never corrected mistakes, but it looks like
they're quite willing to give people the benefit of the doubt and correct
mistakes.  I'd sure like to see more, especially those related to right
turns on red.

I can sit here and think of two people who died because of someone running a
red-light (and one of them Mr.. Megs refused to even charge the driver when
the 13-year-old girl was killed!).  Given this, these cameras and their
related tickets seem to be our only way of preventing this from happening
more often.

Chip

  _____