[tabi] Re: to all government employees

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 12:08:17 -0400

It's not the state stealing your money, it's the way the federal income
tax law is written.  this is a benefit given to us by the feds, and they
write the rules, including the one which says your employer has to
deduct the amount from your paycheck whether you spend it or not.

many of us don't like some part of income tax law, but we plan around it
and make use of it when we can.

if you know you're about to buy a $5000 notetaker, or spend a couple
thousand on dental work, or that your guide dog costs you a thousand
dollars a year in vet bills and food etc., then why not take advantage
of FSA and put that amount aside?  I've been using this for many years,
and have never lost any money.

you just have to be a careful money manager and don't gamble with large
amounts of money for which you may not have expenses.

Chip

Chip Orange
Database Administrator
Florida Public Service Commission