[tabi] Re: some info on Google Transit

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 14:25:22 -0400

Accessible or not, and I do think investigating the DOJ complaint is a
good idea thanks Robert, it's still quite helpful to use Google Transit
if you're trying to come to or leave Tallahassee, and you wish to make
connections with intra-city buslines or airlines.  Google transit helps
you put together a travel plan which tells you where and when to make
such connections; this would include carpooling services and "park and
ride" type services, but it all depends on StarMetro data being
available at Google Transit, which they could do even if they decided to
go ahead with their own trip planner (Google points out that many of the
commercial software packages marketed to transit authorities for their
scheduling have an interface module for creating google transit data).

Chip