[tabi] simulating vision loss, a free app for the I-phone et al

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 09:12:45 -0400

Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Braille Institute's VisionSim FREE App for iPhone, iPad and Android
Devices
Listen to this article. Powered by Odiogo.com
Braille Institute has launched a mobile app that they hope you will find
useful when
talking with families, friends and other professionals about the effects
of vision
loss.
Braille Institute's VisionSim FREE app for iPhone, iPad and Android
devices was developed
to allow people with healthy vision to experience the world through the
eyes of a
person experiencing one of four degenerative eye diseases: macular
degeneration,
diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma and cataracts. The mobile app works by
using the phone's
camera function to simulate varying degrees of vision loss. It was
created with the
input of industry leaders as well as doctors who ensured accuracy in the
simulations.
For more information on how to download the app from Apple or Android
markets, click here:
http://www.brailleinstitute.org/MobileApps/VisionSim.aspx
.
Contact: