[tabi] scholarship available

  • From: "Sila Miller" <silam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fcb-l@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 19:45:54 -0400

I received the following announcement, and thought you might be able to help me
circulate it to those who are interested:

disABLEDperson INC

501 ( c ) 3 Public Charity

Fall 2011 National Scholarship Competition for College Students with
Disabilities Important! We ask you to become a registered member of
to support our community, also "Like" us on Facebook at disABLEDperson, Inc.

disABLEDperson, Inc. is excited to announce our Fall 2011 nationally based
scholarship competition for college students with disabilities on
! This competition begins on August 15, 2011 and ends on October 15, 2011 for
the award of $1000.00 (one thousand dollars)!

To participate, follow these simple steps: Go to
click on the Fall 2011 National Scholarship Competition for College Students
with Disabilities link at the top of the page and read all about the details.

A few reminders: Please keep in mind that the form on the registration page
must be filled out completely. We cannot accept incomplete or fraudulent forms.
Spelling and grammar are imperative. Please submit carefully edited drafts only.

In order to qualify, the student must be enrolled in a 2- or 4-year accredited
college or university in the United States of America. They must be a full-time
student and U.S. citizen (minimum of 12 credits for undergraduate, 9 credits
for graduate). Unfortunately, we are not able to award scholarships to high
school students or college students who are not attending classes full-time.

Upon winning, the student will prove disability through their Disability
Student Services department. We define disability as described under the ADA:
"A physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major
life activities of such an individual." A record of such an impairment or being
regarded as having such an impairment.

Be sure to submit your entry before the October 15, 2011 deadline. The winner
will be announced on our website on October 31, 2011. All decisions made by
disABLEDperson, Inc. are final.

Thank you,

Diana Corso

Executive Director