[tabi] reporting pedestrian unsafe incidents or locations to the city/county

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:45:51 -0500

Hi all,

I recently found on county commissioner Bob Rackleff's web page, a link
to a Word document form which allows you to fill it out to report the
following to the city and county:

"Transportation Disadvantaged (TD) Pedestrian Complaint Form
 allows residents to report the incidence and location of inadequate or
unsafe pedestrian
facilities (crosswalks, sidewalks, or the lack thereof) in Tallahassee
and Leon County.
Please fill out a separate form for each geographic location. However,
the same form
may be used when several hindrances exist at the same location. Your
input is valuable."

 His web page can be found at:

http://www.leoncountyfl.gov/bcc/rackleff/index.asp

and the form is designed to be printed and mailed, but I'd bet someone
could give you an email address to send it to.

The amazing thing to me is that Commissioner Rackleff has had to put
this form up on his own web site; it's not a link to a city or county
form, which makes me think they don't have it online anywhere! :(
<frown>

hth,