[tabi] Re: question does anybody know how good is T-Mobile

  • From: "Chip and Allie Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 14:10:05 -0400

My brother-in-law uses T-mobile for years, and likes it very much.  It uses
a different technical standard from other cell-phones (named GSM), so you
cannot just take a phone designed for the other standards here in the U.S.
to T-mobile and have it work, you must use a pone designed for GSM.

One nice thing about GSM phones is that all the info you have (your phone
number, your list of contacts, etc.) is kept on a little card in the phone.
If you remove this card and put it into another GSM phone, that phone
instantly has the phone number you were using, all your contacts, etc.

GSM isn't anywhere nearly as popular as the Sprint standard (called CDMA) or
the AT&T standard (which I forget the name of just this second), but perhaps
it will be, who knows.

I believe T-mobile offers a pay-as-you go type of arrangement with no
long-term contract.  They also offer the cheap pay-as-you-phones similar to
track phones or virgin mobile phones, and I believe you can set it up so you
only have to add money to the account once a year.

Hth,