[tabi] please consider helping public radio and TV here in Florida

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 19:26:20 -0400

________________________________

From: Anna Eskamani [mailto:moveon-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 12:19 PM
Subject: Rick Scott vs. Big Bird

Below is an email from Anna Eskamani, a MoveOn member in Florida who created
a petition at SignOn.org that is getting a lot of attention and may be of
interest to people in your area. If you have concerns or feedback about this
petition, click here
<http://civic.moveon.org/signon_feedback/?id=28051-3070722-4YRwU1x&t=1> .

________________________________

Dear Florida MoveOn member,

On May 26, 2011, Florida Governor Rick Scott vetoed the state's nearly $4.8
million appropriation for public broadcasting-completely eliminating state
funding for public radio and TV.

State funding for public broadcasting had already been reduced by 30% from
last year. With these cuts, 13 public radio stations and 13 television
stations will lose public funds. This is a tiny portion of Florida's overall
budget, but a crippling loss for these public radio and TV stations.

Public broadcasting is a form of objective media that is inclusive and
accessible to everyone. It keeps our communities both connected and
informed. That's why I created a petition urging the Florida State House and
Senate to override Gov. Scott's line-item veto of state funding for public
radio and TV. The petition says:

"We, the undersigned, urge the Florida legislature to override Governor Rick
Scott's line-item veto of state funding for public broadcasting. Public
broadcasting is a source of objective and educational media that our
community needs."

Will you sign the petition? Click here to add your name, and then pass it
along to your friends:

http://signon.org/sign/keep-public-broadcasting?source=mo&id=28051-3070722-4
YRwU1x&t=2

Thanks!

-Anna Eskamani

The text above was written by Anna Eskamani, not by MoveOn staff, and MoveOn
is not responsible for the content. This email was sent through MoveOn's
secure system, and your information has been kept private.