[tabi] pedestrian safety campaign in Tallahasssee

  • From: "Lynn Evans" <evans-lynn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 10:36:59 -0400

Hello All:

How many people ride bikes? Those drivers need to get out of their vehicles
sometime to walk.

I posted earlier this year about getting Star Metro behind a pedestrian safety
campaign to dovetail with the implementation of NOVA 2010.  I included it with
a request for passenger training to learn how to use the new bus schedule. I
got a short reply saying in effect we will do that.

If the new bus routes start in August 2011 we may need to do something before
then.  A bicycle group in Tallahassee places a ghost bike, a bicycle painted
all white at each accident seen of a bike accident.